Wednesday 22 June 2011

More stories to come

I realise I have been a bit quiet of late so thought I'd catch-up and let you know what I've been up to.  I am in the middle of writing another young children’s story for this collection that I will share with you when I have got the final words in the ending. It was an idea based on a nature TV show I recently watched which is quite exciting and to not give too much away it’s about a Brown Trout…

I would love to hear from you if you’ve any ideas you think I should write about, I think my next story after my fishy tale will be about a Space Man so ideas welcome.

I have also been experimenting with Twitter and Tweet-books following Channel 4's Book Club serialisation #TheLantern.  My recent offering was my short-story Declaration of Love under #decoflove in Twitter.  I had so much fun doing this I think my next tweet-book will be one of my poems which you can find on twitter under #lifepoem which I wrote as a teenager.  You can follow me on Twitter @RachSmith

I find so much joy in writing that I hope it’s entertaining someone out in the big world wide web as much as it does me.

If you’ve got some stories yourself that you’re putting together or if you've got young children who love to write than you may wish to enter them into this National Writing Competition for Children.

There's exciting times ahead and I'm looking forward to sharing another story with you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I liked your stories. I too write stories from read aloud to fairy tales and science fiction. I did get my work published in magazines and I have recently started my blog. My blog is newkidszone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete