Monday 6 February 2012

Why I write a blog



"The beach with no name"
 For those of you following parts of my Writing Space blog, you will know I have been adding some art-work I have been painting these past few weeks, they are scenes of the sea that I have been lucky enough to have burned on my brain.

Painting them has made me wonder what it is all about: Life, experiences and our history. It makes me wonder why do we have it? What is it all for?

Having all the answers

Growing up I used to think, as most young people do, that I had all the answers – this thought was made even stronger when I was travelling and being thrown into the most bizarre and as one friend put it “fantasy” like situations but was able to cope as if nothing was out of the ordinary.

Me sat by "Nature's Window"
Kalbarri National Park, Australia


This ability to cope is not something I’ve taken for granted having seen friends in similar bizarre situations crumble. It’s something I know I’ve adapted to and learnt along the way – the part I find interesting and complex is “how” have I learnt these skills?

Take my painting as an example: I am not trained; I have not read any painting books or educated myself in the different brushes or strokes that can impact the canvas in the best way. I know nothing of the history to art and how themes can be developed but I still manage to paint something that half resembles something. Is this chance?

Living carefree

Ironically, for someone who has a blog, I am actually quite a private person. As a teenager I would surround my bedroom wall with poems and sayings of uplifting and sickly sweet meaning.

'The Sunset', inspired by a
picture of a sunset from Greece


 My ex-boyfriend had endured this so much even bought me a book of quotes from his trip abroad when most other boyfriends would have bought back a stick of rock.

Surrounding myself with positive influences coupled with a strong need to always ask “why” and trying not to lose the innocence that come with asking it, has meant that I live my life thinking of things I can do rather than being held captive to reasons why I can’t.

It means I live a little carefree, never really feeling settled or satisfied when I know there’s something more I can learn, have a go at or understand better.

My mother once gave me a card that read:
Climb High,

Climb Far,

Your Goal the Sky,

Your Aim the Star
I would like to hope every part of this blog reflects that. It’s a little space for me and my stories on this huge world wide web.

My children's stories in particular are a passion of mine I enjoy creating and sharing, I hope you enjoy them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment